All hidden services V2 will be removed from the TOR network in the near future (short addresses .onion).
- More than 150,000 TOR sites will be censored due to outdated security systems.
- More than 60.000 e-mail addresses will be removed.
- More than 100 OnionMail server V2 will be removed.
We solve these problems by this way
- Continuity of the service:
Change the link address but not the server.
- Support of V2 addresses also available on V3 services:
You can continue to use your old V2 hidden service mail address. (You will also get the V3 hidden service mail address).
A protocol named LV23 can connect the new hidden service to the old hidden service without the TOR support.
It can works into the TOR network between OnionMail servers and to the Internet (VMAT address).
What the users must to do
- Don't forget your passwords (SMTP and POP3).
- Obtain the new address:
Send a message to your server ( email@example.com ) with only the word IDENT on the subject.
The server will reply to you with all informations. You can recognize the new address (is more to long than the old address).
Paste the hidden service address into the TOR browser. OnionMail will redirect to the new hidden service.
- Uptade your settings, change the server's address SMTP and POP3.
- Don't forget to update you PGP key.
Your new address will be:
Old server V2: louhlbgyupgktsw7.onion
New server V3: vzoc4aylgsqwexe6okjbz2ix5atgdv5xyibnkcekmtg4u23syz6a7rid.onion
New firstname.lastname@example.orgMAT email@example.com
It sounds like an alias. Yes it is!
Howto for Claws mail user's connected trought TOR
- Edit the configuration file accountrc
- Update the hidden service addres:
Old configuration esample:
New configuration example: